Distance Learning Has Started!
Next packet pick-up will take place Tuesday April 7 from 11:30-2:30
Our deep hope is that all of us would thank God for the ways He has gone before us to put us in a position to translate our Biblically-integrated Promise curriculum to a purposeful Distance Learning environment that will bless our families.
Due to the temporary social distancing in response to the Coronavirus threat, Promise is beginning Distance Learning on Tuesday, March 24, 2020. We expect to be off-campus for at least two weeks and will follow CDC and DPH recommendations to determine when we re-open our doors.
Packet pick-ups will take place Tuesdays from 11:30-2:30. This weeks pick-up includes 2 weeks of assignments, making the next scheduled pick-up Tuesday, April 7, 11:30-2:30.
At this time you will be able to pick up homework packets that your children’s teachers have prepared for them to go along with their online work, we will also have supplies available to ensure your children have all the tools they need to continue their learning from home during this time. We will also be able to answer general questions or assist with technical support questions, at this time. Thank you!
We are thankful for the hard work of our teachers and the cooperation of staff in the implementation of Distance Learning to continue the educations of our Promise scholars. Thank you to our amazing Promise families and supporters for your patience and cooperation! Learning at home using digital resources and communication will be different. Our teachers are dedicated to providing clear communication and creating flexible atmospheres for our Promise families. Please refer to these tips and guidelines as you prepare your home learning space and schedules.
Please be flexible and patient as we all adapt to a new method for learning. We know that there will likely be technical issues that are out of our control. None of us can predict what will happen when the whole world is working online. We know that families will be sharing devices and bandwidth. Our teachers are adapting to “distance teaching”. There are many new things for all of us to learn.
Platforms for Daily Use
- Any home computer, smartphone, or tablet that is connected to the internet will work for virtual learning. If you do not have any of these devices or capability, please alert your teacher ASAP.
- Remind Our texting app will provide school updates, PDF documents, and links to online assignments and enrichment opportunities. All families need to sign up with Remind.
- Google Classroom This platform will be central to providing assignments and directions to the various online learning mediums. All families need to sign up with Google Classroom.
- Student Packets Some work will remain traditional with books, paper, and pencil. Packet pickup will take place every Tuesday from 11:30-2:30.
- Khan Academy Kids A free educational program designed to inspire young children to become learners for life.
- Epic! Free online library providing instant, unlimited access to thousands of books, videos and quizzes from leading publishers
- Teachers will utilize the Remind App and Google Classroom to communicate with families.
- Email and phone calls will be used to communicate formally with families.
Preparedness for Students
- Your children will be expected to complete approximately two hours of “school” work each day.
- Lessons and activities will be shared via Google Classroom with each family.
- We suggest having them appropriately dressed for the day. During this unique time, mindset makes a difference and being dressed for school helps to create a learning mindset. No uniform required but out of pajamas and ready for the day.
- Define their “work” space for school work. We would suggest having school materials: paper, crayons, pencils, etc. in one accessible spot and a cleared space for learning time like the kitchen table or a desk.
- Limit distractions: pets, TV, music, etc.
- We are here to help! We encourage you to connect with their teacher during office hours. If you have questions or need assistance please call Rebeca Farina (903) 386-8040. Office Hours are 8am-7pm Monday-Friday